- The greatest Power Forward that ever lives. Everyone admits that.
- Timmy D is the second best active rebounder in the league. He is grabbing 11.7 rebounds every night. The only player has better record is Dwight Howard, with 12.65 RPG. Shaq has 11.07 RPG.
- Tim Duncan is the second best player in block that still plays. He blocked 2208 shots, while Shaq has blocked 2690. Duncan’s former teammate Ratliff is in the fifth place and McDyess is in the 15th place.
- Duncan has the best Defensive Rating among active players, with 94.7pts. The only (retired) other that allowed less points is Elmore, with 93.7pts
- Tim Duncan had 22pts, 20 rebounds, 10 assists and 8 blocks in a final game.
- Tim Duncan and Shaq have a combination of 8 rings, 6 Final MVPs, 3 NBA MVPs, 27 All-Star appearances. But combined 30 lower percentage than Kobe Bryant in the “player of the decade” vote. (Duncan 8%, Shaq 13%, Kobe 54%)
- Shaq’ record in Final is 4-2. The same for Kobe. While Duncan has 4-0 and 3 Final MVPs. He has never lost in a NBA Finals series.
- Tim Duncan, who got MVP vote shares every single year of his career, has back-to-back MVP awards in 2002 and 2003. He was also the runner-up in 2001 and 2004. In last decade (2000-2009), he recorded an average of 34.49% MVP vote shares (35.04% career). While Kobe Bryant has only 29.22% and Shaq has 30.82%.
You say “stats don’t lie”, so who else that deserves the Player of the Decade?